The landmark bestselling guide-now updated with the latest essential information
The third edition of this critically acclaimed guide leads you through the realities of caring for a loved one struggling with Alzheimer's. The author, a nationally recognized authority, details the latest developments in treatment and care options and offers helpful, hopeful advice for getting through difficult challenges. Now fully revised and updated, this edition includes new chapters designed to help caregivers cope with stress and depression and offers information on the latest breakthrough research developments and treatments. Alzheimer's speaks directly to your vital concerns, including:
• the symptoms and traits of Alzheimer's, what to expect at each progressive stage, and how to respond to behavior problems
• the full range of treatments and support services available, including tips on how to locate and finance them
• ways to understand your feelings and the impact of grief
• new information on managing caregiver stress and chronic depression in sufferers
• the latest therapies and medical research
With its sensitive and in-depth examination, Alzheimer's shows how to make the care you give more rewarding and effective and how to make the life of anyone caught in the grip of Alzheimer's more loving and comfortable.