Diamond white beaches, countrywide carnivals, and irresistible music: discover why so many have fallen head-over-heels for the DR. Inside Moon Dominican Republic you'll find:
- Flexible itineraries including the best of the Dominican Republic in 10 days, plus roundups of the best beaches, spots for diving and snorkeling, outdoor adventures, and more
- Strategic advice for honeymooners, foodies, night owls, and more, whether you're in the DR for a few days or a few weeks
- The top activities and unique experiences: Don a mask and join in the frenzy of Carnival or dance the night away to live merengue. Visit a cacao plantation or organic coffee farm, snack on fried plantains or a breakfast of mangú, and explore the bustling markets. Stroll along cobblestone streets and admire 16th-century churches, palaces, courthouses, and statues or take a community tour for a deeper understanding of local life
- Outdoor adventures: Enjoy miles of sand and clear water for sunbathing, swimming, and playing in the waves. Hike to hidden waterfalls or zipline through the forest. Dive to shipwrecks, snorkel alongside spotted eagle rays, or try kitesurfing
- Ways to respectfully engage with culture from DR-insider Lebawit Lily Girma, from supporting small businesses to exploring ethically and sustainably
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Thorough background on the landscape, wildlife, history, government, and culture
- Handy tools including a Spanish phrasebook, health and safety tips, visa information, and advice for LGBTQ, senior, and solo travelers
With Moon Dominican Republic's practical advice and local insight, you can find your adventure.
Craving more of the Caribbean? Try Moon Bahamas or Moon Aruba.