Endless stretches of golden sand, legendary surf, and epic outdoor adventures: Discover the true meaning of living Aloha with Moon Maui. Inside you'll find:
With Moon's practical tips and local know-how, you can experience Maui your way.
- Flexible itineraries, from day plans for each region to a week-long Maui adventure, including coverage of neighboring islands Moloka'i and Lana'i
- Strategic advice for backpackers, beach-lovers, adventurers, honeymooners, families, wellness-seekers, and more
- The best outdoor adventures like kayaking, hiking, and scuba-diving, and the best beaches for swimming, surfing, and snorkeling
- Top activities and unique experiences: Drive the epic 30-mile Road to Hana or bike through misty hidden valleys. Hike through thick bamboo forests to thundering waterfalls or to the top of a dormant volcano. Snorkel with giant green sea turtles, learn how to catch the perfect wave, or hop on board a whale-watching tour. Unwind at a luxurious spa, jam to live music in Old Town Lahaina, or relax on the sand and watch the sunset with a mai tai in hand. Chow down on fresh fish tacos from a local food truck, sample Polynesian cuisine, and sip coconut porter beer at Hawaii's largest brewery
- Expert insight from Maui local Kyle Ellison on how to experience the island like an insider, support local and sustainable businesses, avoid crowds, and respectfully engage with the culture
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Background information on Maui's landscape, history, and cultural customs
- Handy tools including a Hawaiian phrasebook, packing suggestions, and travel tips for international visitors, families with kids, seniors and LGBTQ travelers
Exploring more of the islands? Check out Moon Big Island of Hawai'i, Moon Kaua'i
, and Moon Honolulu & O'ahu
. Visiting all of them? Check out Moon Hawaii.